If you have installed both Clarion 9.0 and 9.1 you will have noticed that they share the environment settings. For example they share the recent opened solutions, dictionaries and files. This can make it quite confusing when working in both versions on similar projects. For example I have the same demo apps in separate folders for Clarion 9 and 9.1 for testing.
There is a simple fix for this, thanks for Mark Goldberg for pointing it out to me. To find it in the documentation (help file) do a search for:
You will get the "What's new in Clarion 9" topic and what little there is int he documentation about this is in the "IDE Configuration options" section about 3/4 of the way down the page.
So I have come up with a simple way to make this work.
- Go to your Clarion 9.0 Bin folder and create a folder called "Settings"
- Do the same for Clarion 9.1
- Go to c:\Users\<Your UserName>\AppData\Roaming\SoftVelocity\Clarion\9.0\
- Copy the ENTIRE content of this folder into the folder you created in steps 1 and 2.
- Modify the shortcut to Clarion 9.0 to add:
after the path to Clarion9.exe, so it looks like this
- Do the same for the shortcut to Clarion 9.1
This will set up the correct folder (Settings) under the Bin folder for each and copy the current settings there. Once you are done, run each version and make sure everything looks good.